Over the last few weeks we have been conducting student voice interviews and feedback sessions to allow us to understand the areas in which we have improved and those in which improvement is still necessary. We have been overwhelmed by the extraordinarily positive and thought-provoking responses we have received from students.
What has become abundantly clear is that our students are extremely proud of our school and have recognised the incredible journey that we have come on over the last few years. It has also been gratifying to see the extent to which the hard work and effort put in by members of staff, both in daily lessons and intervention sessions, has been recognised by students and how grateful they are to be part of our school community.
I would like to take this opportunity to share a small selection of responses that we have received. Students told us that they were proud to be a student at The Brittons Academy because:-
- The staff are open to questions and don’t get impatient, even if someone doesn’t get something. They’ll try again and again.
- This school accepts everyone, and they don’t care about what ethnicity you are, they care about you. I also like how diverse this school is and how everyone is different but we still all care about each other.
- The school has made outstanding progress in the past couple of years.
- It’s nice to be around teachers who make the lessons interesting and fun to learn. It’s also nice to be around my peers who wish to study hard and succeed just like me.
- I am new to the school and I have already made more progress in one year here than I did in all my years at my last school. Everyone really cares about you as a person and wants you to succeed.
- This is a school that is getting better daily, and I am proud because it has helped me achieve higher grades than I even anticipated.
In addition to these comments we have also received extremely positive feedback from a number of external visitors (including trained Ofsted inspectors) to the school over the past few months. They have all commented on the numerous improvements we have made recently, particularly in the quality of teaching, how much progress we have made in a short space of time and have described our students as polite, respectful and cooperative. They speak of the positive relationships between students and staff and the eagerness of students to learn and make progress in lessons. They have also recognised the enormous efforts of staff to provide a wide range of clubs and enrichment activities for students as well as the increased opportunities that students have had to learn from visiting speakers and to go on an array of educational visits both locally and nationally.
We are understandably proud of this recognition, of how the hard work of students and staff is leading to rapid improvement and we would like to take this opportunity to invite you to provide us with feedback to help us improve even further. The Ofsted Parent View survey is available at www.parentview.ofsted.gov.uk and allows you to give your views on a range of different areas of the school. After you have registered it will take no more than 5-10 minutes to complete. We will be using the information that you provide to evaluate all areas of the school and work to bring about even more positive changes over the next few months and years.